Rainbow Water Beads packaged in a test tube
Water marbles are non-toxic, colourfast, easy to use, and encourage kids to use their imagination.
Water marbles start as tiny dehydrated/dried little beads… to grow them, all you do is simply pour them into a bowl of water, cover with six cups of water, and watch them grow over the following six hours into firm balls of bouncy, slippery fun (up to 150 times their original size.) Once they are grown, drain off the remaining water, and then start playing!
And the best part is they are re-useable!
They are also a great eco toy – let them dry out and rehydrate – re-using at its best! Recycle by placing split (broken) eggs into the garden to help your plants thrive.
If you add hot (tap) water they will grow quicker. Not safe to do around small children.
They are totally non-toxic, but avoid eating due to potential choking hazard.
The recommended age for use of water marbles 3+ years old, to ensure that the child can understand that the water marbles are inedible. Water marbles are not harmful (they are non-toxic) but expandable polymer in a child’s belly is not desirable. Always use adult supervision.
3.Acriylic Acid 25%